I am not sure what it is with us and the bad luck weekends?

So Friday my dad and I left work at about 1pm got home finished packing, we all made sure we had everything. My Mom, dad and I left the house at about 2pm. My brother was already there by 3pm. And I was the lucky one to drive. The road was kind of busy with trucks and all up and down as of course it was the school holidays as well so others were too on their way to holiday destinations so lucky.
We got in to Middleburg stopped for a few things and then set the GPS to the venue of the wedding. Now I was not sure if this GPS would find it any way. The coordinates that was given would not really fit in the space on the GPS and all that. My dad did have a Google map direction list printed out and why he didn’t use that I was not sure but yeah you can think we got lost it took us to a farm so then my dad took over the driving and with his brother on the phone for directions and with a driving of up and down situation we finally found the right gravel road and we all had the sigh of relief. My mother and I really needed the bathroom but knew we would be there soon we could hold it in a bit longer as we all happy and that all of a sudden the cars warning oil light goes on as my dad hit a rock which totally messed up the bottom tank and bam oil was leaking all over. So as we wait there for my dad’s brother and Jaques to come help and tow us it got dark real fast. I think we only ended up at the camp site at about 6:30-7pm. Greeted all the family and everything was nice to see everyone and the wedding venue was really breath taking form what we could see at night. It was freezing cold and the shower in the room (which for some reason how they designed it wasn’t closed off) there was no hot water.
That night we went to bed and I found myself awake at midnight, and there my brain is just focused on my dad’s snoring and I could not for the life of me fall back to sleep. I ended up putting in my ear phones and listening to my iPod and I think at about 1:30 I fell asleep again.
The next morning the alarm went off at 8 and we were not really happy campers or early morning rise and shine people. The sun was shining and it was really a beautiful day for my cousins wedding. At about 10:30 we went down so I could take pictures of her. She looked so breathtakingly beautiful. And the venue in the day and all finished wow great job.
The big moment arrived and everyone was seated and ready and I am telling you between my uncle and my cousin crying and the wedding march I had to really hold back the tears there. It was that perfect fairy tale moment every girl hopes for at her wedding. The vows were said and the I DO’s were announced and just like that they became Husband and wife. Then we all found ourselves around the biltong and bread bar omw was that now a treat. We all just chilled around the place, catched up with family and then again at 5pm we all went to the hall and had a feast wow that food was amazing.
The night was so cold again and it ended up with family around the fire just catching up.
Sunday was crazy just trying to get the car filled and everything ready to go, said our goodbyes and off we went the day was long and I must say I enjoyed the weekend with family but I am happy to be home with a hot shower and my bed.
And well I have to add it might still seem like a long time but everyday that is by is a day closer, next month on this date Willem will finally be on his way to my house where he belongs if I may add hahahah. I can not wait any more I can just imagine that last week when I will be saying next week Willem is coming or tomorrow he will be here I won’t be able to focus. Super excited.

Pictures of the wedding are to follow I must say I got some amazing shots and just can’t stop editing them!!!! Stay tuned.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wedding Wednesday: My Bridesmaids

Felt like I lost a part of me...

Finally A bridesmaid!!!!