Friday 31st October 2014 - Day one of Sabie Anniversary Trip.


I decided to split the posts of the weekend as it would be too much for one blog and i dont think it would be nice reading a super long one.
hope you enjoy reading it as much as i enjoyed experiencing it.


So this morning we got up at 5 and I was like a little kid waking up on Christmas day waiting to see what I got under the tree. I couldn’t get up fast enough to leave and start the day and the adventures that await for us. 

The day started out good we kind of knew where we wanted to go firstly the Caves as it was on our way any way.The tour was really nice I loved how she explained the rocks and things and also put in a joke of Facebook and men and all that keeps you interested. Would have loved a video in the beginning of how things came to where it is now. That’s how I get the bigger picture of things I guess you can say it interests me more when I know how it started and the full background story.



Although I loved the look of the place and how each rock formed into its own shape with so much history to tell I was dying of the heat. And moving up to another place where there was more warm air was not helping me at all. But in the end and with all those stairs it was worth it.


We then headed off to Sabie wherever the road would take us. We ended up at our first waterfall Bridal Veil it was ok very small flow of water and we didn’t go in but it was also nice to see.



Then we went to Lone Creek Waterfall and I fell in love (if you can) with this waterfall. How it felt like you were in a different place walking up stairs with the sound of the water fall right next to you but all you see is green trees and forest like feel around you. And when you lay eyes on the water fall OMW breath-taking, that nature created something so amazingly natural I loved it. It was so fun trying to capture different angles of the waterfall and have Leroy give it a shot with the camera which made me happy seeing that my camera photoness has rubbed off on him. And that is also when I realized more than ever that I need a small tripods that I can place anywhere it was so hard to find a place to put the camera to take of us together as my arm is only so long and we can always get everything in. but when I found a perfect place I had to make sure that there was nothing in my way so that I could run back in time, but I think the photos came out amazing. hard to choose to put up


Leroy's amazing shot



We then went to Horse Shoe Waterfalls, was a bit disappointed in  that on the waterfall was still more than the first one but the walking and no clear indication or path to move wasn’t nice. but there was the cutest little guest housies there.




We then had to go eat at Leroy’s old memory place, the pancake restaurant. Amazing pancakes you would think it would be thin ones with filling o hell no its thick and soooo much goodness inside unreal. 

Last stop water fall the MAC MAC falls. That path was pretty fun and the view was amazing we were so excited to see what the fall would look like as we couldn’t hear it for a while. When we finally got there it was a cemented slab with palisades around looking down at water fall which was very far down, shame poor Leroy scared of heights, it wasn’t easy going closer to try see. But it was also a really stunning one just sadly the palisades were in the way for us to take pictures.




We booked into our little accommodation housie it was perfect just what we needed. Just a place to clean up and sleep. As we would spend most of the time out exploring. At about 7 we went to Graskop which wasn’t far from our accommodation luckily. We were in the mood for a cocktail to start off the weekend but it was sooo misty and it was all closed. But either way we made it an early night and was ready for what tomorrow would hold.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wedding Wednesday: My Bridesmaids

Felt like I lost a part of me...

Finally A bridesmaid!!!!