American Honey

I thought that I would like to do a blog post on my au pair days, I have been watching Kate plus 8, love that show, and well recently they have gone to New York and well looking at the places they have been and me relating to them I found myself thinking of my whole trip again and well thought that it would be nice to have a FLASH BACK of my American Dream. If we can call it that?
If anyone followed my blog while I was in America you would then maybe skip this one as well I won’t be recapping it all in detail just a few things I miss and what I remember most. If I am correct I have been back for about a year and three months already which I so cannot believe how time flies and actually sitting here I cannot believe how it is weekend already. I guess that’s why there is the saying enjoy every second as if though it is your last cause as time is going by so fast you never know if the person you are with now is the last time you will see them or they see you. But any way enough of the sad things.
I guess the thing I miss most is the free time hahah, not like I don’t have free time here it’s just different. When I was there and the kids were in school I would walk to the park get something to drink at starbucks or dunkin doughnuts and then sit there and read a book I took out at the library and I not only got to read the book but I go t to finish it when last have I done that?
1.       I really miss Starbucks and Dunkin doughnuts, I always got the combo special when I was at dunkin with the kids, the one with the coffee and 2 doughnuts Noah always had the chocolate and autumn the strawberry but she never ate the doughnut just took off all the frosting and Noah was the lucky one who got to eat two in the end. I was just happy with my coffee I loved it.
2.       The kids, I really do miss those two. There were times and we all just wanted to hit each other but in the end I had fun and I do miss them a lot.
3.       My crazy funny friend Charlotte. The times we had there was really amazing. I always (and don’t think weird) wanted a friend like you see in the movies where you go for lunch, get together and just go do stuff together and I had that with her we had the greatest of times and we always ended up in laugher.
4.       I miss the bus from New Jersey to New York, I would always get on and as soon as I found a seat by the window if lucky I would take out my phone or iPod and put in ear phones and into my own world I would go. I just loved sitting there listening to the words of a song and looking out the window at everything we passed. And when at night it was so pretty looking at the lights as soon as you exit the tunnel.
5.       I miss Cold stones yes defiantly that. O my goodness that ice cream no words and I should stop now as I am making myself hungry for one.
6.       I miss the different restaurant choices we had there, the Mexican, Italian, Chinese and all those small kinds and I think the ones I loved the most was, 5 Guys, Ihop, Naunas, Raymonds, TGI fridays
7.       I miss the safety I guess, being able to walk around any time of the day or night.
8.       I miss the different places and tourist things one could go do.
9.       I miss the sunrise bagel shop o I would love to sit there just have a coffee and a fresh bagel with cheese, bacon and egg.
10.   I miss apple gates farm homemade ice cream the flavors were something you never heard but the taste was out of this world, you never tasted anything like that. It was a far distance from the house and I remember one afternoon Charlotte and myself walking all the way to the farm just to taste the ice cream well I guess one the bright side we walked it all off again.
11.   I miss cvs that store had everything. I always somehow found myself in that shop always looking at everything and more than once found myself putting things in the trolley and then putting it back.
12.   The cheese cake factory, now they say or show it a lot on Big bang theory. That place is amazing the times we got there we got a number and had to wait in line hahah but the food no words you got the biggest plate of food and all you actually want is that cheese cake but you somehow made space. I remember going there and Charlotte would end up having the cheese burger because she was not allowed to mix cheese and beef as she had a Jewish family yeah good days.
13.   Naunus pizza they were not so bad loved their pasta and their buffalo wings which the host mom got me stuck on I still remember every Friday pizza day the order was as follows “one pizza, half plain no sauce and the other half no sauce just cheese. Defiantly something I looked forward to…. Um no.
14.   CafĂ© eclectic that place it felt so homey and I honestly think that all au pairs went there, sadly it closed but it was really good, I took the kids there one day and they were over the moon the chairs were all couches and different so you can think they went to sit and kind of jump on every couch that there was to offer.
15.   Barns and noble, I liked that book store they had a lot to choose from and just like cvs I found myself just walking around in every part and corner I could go.
They whole American experience was amazing.
I remember Disney world omw that place I enjoyed I felt like a 5 year old running up and down not sure where to go what to do first and that show they had or the parade of all the characters was so awesome I enjoyed that wanted to run up to mini mouse and tinker bell and hug them hahaha.
Then going with my cousin to universal studios was incredible, that place there are no words the tour they showed us of the plots they record the shows and the rides so amazing. I remember the first thing we went into was the scary house why I chose it I have no idea I am always the first to get scared and yet I say let’s go there. Not even half way in I wanted to run out but I was behind my cousin’s husband grabbing his shirt ready for if someone had to come at me I would so throw him at them. In one corner there was this ware wolf type guy and you know its fake but its universal studios so meaning they know how to make them look real and well for some reason he tried to grab me and the more he tries the more I scream and the more he tries again in half tiers I ask why me and the one guy who like walks around security dude says it’s because you are screaming. Like um hello what else can I do I am shit scared. I eventually get around the corner he somehow jumps over what ever and bum meets me there I nearly hit him haahaha and as we walked on like a bridge you can see down there what else is in store for you yeah I didn’t like what I saw either. But once that was done and we were out we enjoyed the rest of the place we walked a lot.
And then my wonderful Aunt took me to Holly wood that too was amazing, I must say it is really awesome watching TV shows and you’re like hey I was there I saw that.
Yes there are some places I wish I went and some things I wish I could have done but the things I done and the places I saw for me is a life time filled of memories and I am grateful I had the chance to do that all.
the exact bus and bus stop i took to New York

the library







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wedding Wednesday: My Bridesmaids

Felt like I lost a part of me...

Finally A bridesmaid!!!!