#Last Month

Its so unreal that I don’t even know where to start.
From the first day we got the courage to ask my dad if we can move in together, to the shocking calm reaction he gave us, to setting a date and doing the count down its come now to the point where we have one month left.
So much different emotions are running through me the two mostly is fear and excitement.
Fear: I guess of the change that is going to happen.
Excitement: Change, being on our own and having our own place.
Change is as good as a holiday that say? Its weird to think this will be the last month I am in Kriel, at the house I so to say grew up in. The 22 years I spent in my room making it what it is now, the memories and endless collection of things. Now to be moved over to a new home for new memories with Leroy to be made.  With my dad telling me one morning that he was waiting for me to come home and he realized that soon I would not be doing that. And it hits a person even more…. I am not sad in any way or scared in a way that I am having second thoughts never. I cant wait to now live out a bag in my housie, to not have to get it all nice and then Sunday leave it again for a week or so.
So I think I will list a few things that I can think of that I will miss:
·         Coming home from work and having Qiqi run to the gate, jump in the car with me and that excitement of having me back home in that little body, like you alone as a person can mean so much to one dog, your baby.
·         Roxaan, tucking her in at night, having her cuddle with me, snoring next to me on the pillow.
·         Having my dad take out my car in the morning before I go to work
·         After a long day being able to sit with my mom at the Kitchen table and talk about anything knowing she wont judge but listen and be there, listening to her day and just talking.
·         Hearing my dad make one huge noise on Saturday morning taking out tools for the days garden work
·         Friday Noot vir noot say what you want but I love that show. And its like family competition seeing who is the fastest.
·         My moms food knowing after work I don’t have to worry much about cooking as my mom prepared something already. Which always ends up tasting good.
·         My parents Slap pap in the mornings with biltong, egg and cheese
·         Saturday braai’s with my mother and I watching movies in the lounge and my brother complaining that we never sitting outside
·         Having my washing done and folded when I get home.
·         Even the people I drive with as I will be travelling alone.


There is still more but these are the ones that comes to mind first. Just being in my house is what I will miss. It feels like my whole au pair story again. My last month that side before returning home there was a lot of this would be the last of this and last of that. And knowing that moving out is a sure think it hits more but not in a bad way, but yet it still doesn’t feel real.
Im growing up? I’m doing what I always hoped I would do in my life. A girl always has dreams of things they hope to have and its coming true right in front of my eyes and I am not sure how to react.
A lot of packing is laying a head of me this month, maybe its not so much as what I think it is. I think when my stuff is out my room it will hit me that I don’t stay there any more.
But with all this feelings inside of me I am excited and still counting down the days to move. So much to look forward to and to learn about one another things you are used to do alone you now have your partner there, might end up in one anothers faces and space but that’s what in the end will make things work when you as a couple can get through things when its at its hardest then you know you can make it through everything. People are giving a lot of advice and hints and all that which is interesting and true. But in the end it also mostly depends on the person you are and how we handle things. It wont always be easy but in the end it will be worth it.
Also to add to this Blog post Happy 5 months my love how fast it goes by nearly at the half way point either way I feel happy and blessed every single day I am with you and cant thank you enough for being the amazing person you are in my life you mean so much to me….. LOVE YOU

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wedding Wednesday: My Bridesmaids

Felt like I lost a part of me...

Picture Perfect Weekend, no PUN intended