Birthday Dad -Q & A



Hey guys so I thought I would do something different with Birthdays. I want to do like a Q & A of important people in my life. If possible once a month.

So seeing as though it’s my dad birthday today I thoughts let’s start with him. Ready here we go...(please note I did not change anything that is in the different colour)



What is your name - Abel Albertus (Pompie) Pienaar

When is your birthday – 1959/08/08

How much children do you have - 2

What are your hobbies – Sudoku – Gardening     

Explain your life briefly in the past 25 years – There was ups and downs like in any married live, but the ups stands out far above the downs

What do you remember about the houses you lived in as a kid? Which one did you like the best? – Was born in Waterval Boven but move when I was one year old to Ermelo staying in 65 Cloete street, move from there to 4 Little Street and final as kid move to 24A Jorrison street. I thing I will select 4 Little Street due to that was the house really I grow up in.

What did you have as a child that kids today don’t have? – We play “ Deksel Car” driving play, play around the house with a pot lid in our hand making if we drive a car, and playing house, house, that was lekker, make if you come from work, get a kiss from your girlfriend, makes if you eat and leave with a kiss again.

Has anything ever happened at a family wedding that you’ll never forget? – Ja, with sister Elsable wedding 8 people that answer that they will not attend the wedding, pitch up and we had to run around to lay out an extra table with plates, fork and knives. On my own wedding we enjoy it so much they need to ask us to leave to close the place.  

One relative that have passed away in the last few years, what would you say to them and what do you think they would say about your life now? – My brother Ben, I will say I miss you and he will maybe say you just joking.

Which family member has been your greatest coach in life? How have they coached you? What has made them good at it? – I think my father, he was so strict. He buy me everything a want, but make sure I pay every cent back.

When you were a teenager, which family member did you go to for advice? Looking back, was it good advice? – When in trouble I went to my Mom , but normally to my dad.

What was the hardest thing you went through as a child? How did you overcome it? – Leaving house in to the hard outside world being on my own

What is the most embarrassing thing your mother or father ever did to you? – My father always after he give me a hiding required a “ I am sorry Dad, I will not do it again” that was for me double punishment

What are your best memories of holidays or family gatherings as a child? – Stopping next to the road eating padkos in peace and cars passing blow the hooter to stay hallo 

What is the best thing that your grandparents ever cooked? What about your parents? – I only had one grandmother but can remember what she made, my mom make the best frikadele. 

If you could go back to one day in your childhood, which day would that be? Why? -  I was helping my father to lay paving from early the morning until late that Saturday night, he ask me what do I want for the day’s work, my answer was a blanket because I was getting cold when sleeping, he bay me that blanket 

How would your childhood friends describe you? – I was always the joker

What’s the best gift you’ve ever received? – 1st my wife and then my kids, all a gift for God

If you could instantly have one new skill (i.e. foreign language, musical talent, public speaking, etc.), what would it be? – Speaking Zulu

When did you know you had found the one? – it come like a fat fart, you just know

When did you know you wanted to marry your wife? – the very 1st day I see her working in the training center at Usustu Colliery

What is the one thing that stands out about your kids? – my love for both of them

Is there something that you are looking forward to and what? – pension, to be with my soul mate

Describe your relationship with each child – they both so different, but I try to balance it, hope I make a success

What advice would you give someone about life and what you learnt – just be you, but run after you dreams, live everyday if it is your last. Love Him because he love you. Respect other as how you would like to be respect. Joke and enjoy life

And there we have it just a few random questions I thought would be fun to ask. For you to get to know my dad and for me to learn something about him too.

Happy birthday to my dad, my hero, the person I look up to. At times he makes me upset and I just ignore him but for nothing in this world would I change him for anything or anyone. I am more than blessed and fortunate enough to have a dad, and a father like him. Growing up with my dad is something I am grateful for he made me who I am today with respect, values and driven goals that made me know I can do and get anything I place my heart and mind on. One thing that stands out of my father is that he may seem very tough and mean or whatever but deep down he is a real softy. I love how he gets teary eye from master chef junior or some random thing happening in our lives. Dad you are truly amazing and I love you!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wedding Wednesday: My Bridesmaids

Felt like I lost a part of me...

Picture Perfect Weekend, no PUN intended