January Little Things




Hey guys the first month of the New Year is done just like that. So here is what happened this month in my life.

On the 4th we started work was hard to go to bed early and wake up early again. To get into that routine but I am grateful to have a work where as last year I didn’t want the year to start as I was scared how long I would have a job.

On 5 January 2016 we had to say goodbye to a very special person my Ouma Anne. Age got the best of her. It was her time and God wanted her home.

When I got home from work that afternoon and I got the message from my Nonno that she has passed I remember just staring at my phone my mind couldn’t register that. My heart and everything didn’t want to believe that It was real that it really happened and that she was gone.

The funeral was arranged for the weekend the 9th January. We went to Nelspruit on the Friday and spent the weekend there. I was asked to do a speech for Ouma Anne which was really hard for me. Me being the person that I am I did my speech and I really like how it turned out.

Here is what I said.

Hello Everyone.

It’s hard to put into words that would give justice to the type of person that Ouma Anne was. Im sure you would all agree when I say that she touched and changed our lives by just being part of it.

I will miss You Ouma Anne, the stories you always told us of when we were small and of the times of how naughty we were, the memories that you would share with us, you secretly trying to feed the dogs under the table, the lists you made of people who called you on your birthday and just seeing your smile, hearing your laugh, Feeling your hugs and being in your presence.

Ouma was a remarkable woman.
She was a wonderful combination of
warmth and kindness, laughter and love.
She overlooked our faults, encouraged our dreams,
and praised our every success.

Ouma had the wisdom of a teacher,
the sincerity of a true friend,
and the tenderness of a mother.
She was someone we admired, respected and
loved very much.

Ouma will always have a cherished
place in our memories and in our hearts.

She was one of life’s best gifts,
Someone we will treasure all life through,
Someone who will always have a special part of our life,
She was a blessing, she was a gift,
She was a treasure like no other,
She was someone that was truly wonderful.
Wherever you go, and whatever you do,
Ouma’s love will always see you through,
Ouma is truly invaluable and unforgettable.
We wouldn’t have wanted anyone but you,
And that’s why we are so grateful, that life picked you for us.

You can shed tears that she is gone
or you can smile for the life she has lived.
You can close your eyes and pray that she’ll come back
or you can open your eyes and see all that she has left.
Your heart can be empty because you can’t see her
Or you it can be full of the love you shared with moments spent with her
You can remember her and only that she’s gone
Or you can cherish her memory and let it live on

Through this sad time remember the good, remember the small things she did that made you just look at her and made you smile. Remember that you have been blessed to have her in your life up until now and let that memory live with you on wherever you go.

Ouma Anne I will miss you as I already do, my heart is missing a special piece but I know you are in heaven happy with no more pain. Until we meet again. I love you

The service was very nice the pastor said nice things about her. We started off with a song and that’s when the tiers started coming in. focusing my mind on everything other than what is happening at that moment because I know that if I do I will lose it and I won’t be able to speech. When I got called up I could feel every part of me shaking I don’t like speaking in front of crowds. I remember just saying hi everyone I will be speaking in English and the finger went up to show just wait a minute as I tried to stop the tiers from free falling out my eyes. As I tried to open my mouth it was harder to speak like that dreams you have when something bad is happening and you want to scream but there is nothing. I didn’t look at anyone I knew if I looked at a face filled with sadness I would lose it even more. I finally gained momentum and from there it went better. Maybe because I was looking at my nails that turned yellow the night before with the meatballs or because I could feel that Ouma was smiling with what I had to say.

Im proud of myself and happy that I was able to have a last say if you can call it that for a special Ouma in my life.

You will be remembered and loved and missed by us all Ouma Anne. Your life will live on in all of us.

Till we meet again

Even though it was a sad weekend I enjoyed it, being able to spend time with family is something I cherish very close to my heart. Just sitting catching up and remembering the old times.

Family is something we should not take for granted!
My Nonna and myself, the Two Elena's

My amazing Family

On the 14th was my Fiancés birthday. I felt like a crappy girlfriend where I couldn’t spoil him as much as I wanted to money wise and when I wanted to stick him for Bunny chow as for some reason he has been craving that they don’t have the bread. Like seriously Im trying to be a good Girlfriend here people. But either way it was just nice to have been blessed with another year to have this man in my life.

Also on that day his mother went for her back operation and happy to say it went really good.  That 16th January we went to PTA to visit her in the hospital. You could see she was in pain but I was just happy that the operation was done good. On the 23rd January we went back to PTA to collect her and bring her back home. I was scared that the ride wasn’t going to be that good for her but with the proper medication they gave her she was out most of the time. I hope this time at home she gets speedy recovery and that everything just goes better from here.

I finally got my nails done again about time I can’t go that long without having them done they were getting way to long.I love the colour something different for me colour wise it’s a lot of pink but I love how it goes with my skin colour if that makes sense.

Wedding wise for Leroy and I we are still planning our Engagement shoot which will be part of our invitations. And we are going to see our venue and find out prices. I will do a wedding post on all soon as I want to keep track of this time for myself.

Maid of Honour side we just waiting for the bridal expo in March going to be interesting. A few miscommunication arguments on that side but nothing to bad to go into detail with any way.

On the 26th I started a course at the work. Basic management principles. I loved it. I just want to go back and learn more. We have a lesson once a month and an exam in June not looking forward to that but going to study my ass off.

On the 30th we went to JHB for Leroy’s belated bday celebration. Much needed for us both any way. He was so excited for the weekend. We went to the model car hobby shop where he got to choose a new car to start with. Now I don’t think I posted about his new obsession yet. Well it still has to do with cars but smaller. He puts a lot of effort into it and I am so proud to see how happy he gets and relaxed he gets when he puts himself into this hobby.

Here is pictures of his first model car I love how it turned out. So proud of my lief he even did a photoshoot of the cars yip no words lol.

So we spent a few minutes of him trying to decide on a car which I said I will get for him on his bday. And he got a paint and few extra things he needed. Then from there we went to happy me of course while in that area you need to get some happy me tea. I went for something different tea latte but I don’t recommend the black ball things it had a rubbery taste. Leroy got the apple and cinnamon tea which was amazing I wanted to steal his. Also don’t recommend the black balls with that either.

We then went to a different mall in that area called the crest mall. It was huge. Honestly we needed to find Leroy a shirt for a wedding we will be attending this weekend. I never spent so much hours in a mall as I did in this one total of 3 hours and something minutes. There was really nice shops we saw some cute things for our wedding that gave us some ideas. And we found a shirt for him. Then after sore feet and hungry bellies we went to the place we were saving ourselves for.


Wolfpack. Leroy loves finding places that is well rated in SA that is a must try. I love it its different than just going to the places you get at the malls. Now the area that it is in is ummm fancy high class people. I swear they were talking about Leroy and myself when we walked past them like look at those cheap people lol. But that didn’t stop us from anything any way. Now I need to say this place was pretty flippen amazing and I defiantly recommend it to anyone.

We decided to share each course due to the fact that Leroy saw how big their burgers are and we wanted to try as much as we can right. Why not???

So be prepared to have your mouth water. I have pictures tooo.

Starters: haloumi cheese wrapped in prosciutto ham with rocket and sweet chilli sauce omw omw my mouth is watering right now.

Main course: we told them we sharing a burger and so they were kind enough to split it all. We had the big bad wolf burger with sweet potato fries and hummus dip. On the burger was cheddar stuffed patty, wasabi onion rings, jalapenos, pineapple, pancetta, fresh tomato and garlic aioli.

Dessert: honey comb and halva ice cream

That was really so good. Too little and I was really craving wings. We read that they had peanut butter wings but sadly it wasn’t on the menu. We ended up at another mall and we had wings at Rocco mammas just 4 each.

In that second mall I found a LUSH store now if any of you don’t know what it is omw where have you been. I mostly saw it in my YouTube videos I watch of Americans spa night and when I saw it I went crazy. I just got one thing the prices were a bit crazy I just needed to say I got something from there. I got a bath bomb. And I had to use it that night just half. It was so pretty it left like little hearts in the bath smells so good. There was a lip scrub of butter popcorn and you can eat it omw. It would never touch my lips. The woman who worked there told me that they get to try the things to be able to recommend and give good feedback to clients. It’s a good job to be in. I will defiantly be trying to make one myself I see there is a lot of DIY's out there as soon as I get one right I will post it on my blog for who might be interested


We also scored with Shoes at Sketchers. Buy one get one free. Leroy has been wanting shoes from there. So this was a perfect score. I will say I had a little panic attack with the price but then I reminded myself that we got one for free. The total was R949 which we split in half and to we scored a free pair for R949 as well.

Over all it was a great weekend and month. It has its hard times with pay day so far away but we made it. Somehow.

Looking forward to what this month has in store so far so good.
Till next time
a painting i done for my office. Me, Leroy, Luka and Mia

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wedding Wednesday: My Bridesmaids

Felt like I lost a part of me...

Picture Perfect Weekend, no PUN intended