My Engagement Story


Hey guys

This is a very special blog post I am about to write right here. A girls dream coming true and I want to share it.

I AM ENGAGED!!! Reading that, saying it and looking at my ring it still seems unreal. As a girl we think of our big day and when people around you get married and talk wedding plans you can’t help but think of your own day. You see ideas you save them, you see places and things you want and learn what not to do and to now put all that in place to create mine and Leroy’s wedding seems amazingly unreal.

So how did he do it for those who might not have heard or don’t know yet.

For a while Leroy planned a weekend away for us two. We have a calendar on the Fridge and he wrote on the weekend on the 27-29 November PTA. And told me to keep the weekend open no questions just to pack we going to Pretoria and I was like ok fine. Of course a part of me was wondering what was going on and i told myself to  take the weekend as it comes. Leroy wasn’t acting too weird for me to pick anything up but I was a bit suspicious when he asked a few times about my nails. I know he normally does show interest and likes to know what I am going to do but when there was a possibility that I couldn’t get them done before the weekend he was the one going crazy to get them done ASAP. Luckily it was done.

Being the person I am it was hard not knowing where we are going. I normally like to plan and know what to pack and now nothing.


The Friday came and at about 2 the afternoon we left. We were driving a different way to PTA than what I normally know of. But I left it when we got close to Middleburg I thought we would go somewhere there then we turned don the highway and he was like you most probably know where we are going now. Honestly no clue. Let me just add that my friend Michelle and her BF planned a weekend for their anniversary away on the same weekend at Sabie. So Leroy told me that he and Michelle’s BF planned a photo shoot to surprise Michelle. Mixed emotions. On the one hand I was happy to be spending a weekend away with Michelle but also the photo shoot part now my mind was busy with pose ideas and all that I got a little stressed. But I left it and was like we are going to have fun. I was excited to surprise my friend.

We got the accommodation around 6 that evening. When you drive up the driveway there is accommodation on the left where Michelle and her bf is to stay and on the right is where Leroy explained we would stay. So we drove up and I wondered if they arrived yet and then Leroy turns left to their accommodation, confused I told him he is going the wrong way and he goes and stops at the accommodation. Im like what about Michelle. He says no they are in kriel. What do you mean they are in Kriel?, I asked. He told me then that he got the accommodation from her as they weren’t able to go anymore they arranged everything. Mixed emotions again lol.

That evening we had something to eat at Graskop and came back early to bed as we were both out. Wasn’t the best night’s sleep. As it’s not really your own bed. We got up at 6 got ready and went to the waterfall. The weather wasn’t looking good was really windy but we hoped for the best and just went. Leroy said all he wanted to do that day was go to the Lone creek waterfall. We took our video camera with which he told me he was going to record the waterfall because windows 10 has a live wallpaper feature which he thinks the waterfall will look amazing so I didn’t argue there. When we got there it was quiet we were walking up the trail when he said he left his “phone” in the car and is quickly going to get it. I went on taking pictures. I will tell you honestly he didn’t seem different or nervous so I couldn’t tell that something was different about him.

When we got to the bottom we set the things up and started recording. Leroy also wanted me to stand in front of the waterfall and just look at it. So I went I remember asking how long can I turn and then next moment he was like turn and there he was on his knee “Elena Adriana Pienaar, will you be my Wife?” it felt unreal and I think I kept asking are you serious and all that, when I said yes I also managed to ask if he asked my parents which being the man he is he did ask them.

It was such an amazing moment and I am so happy that we got it on Video

Here is the recording link Leroy Edited to see my reaction.
https://www.wevideo.com/hub#media/ci/524581817

The whole weekend was talks about what he planned and what he wanted to do and all the details which I loved hearing. My ring is perfectly beautiful. That’s the one thing I had no worries about he knew my size and my style and he nailed it. Well done lief.






My parents were finally happy to share the news as apparently they had to keep it a secret for 3 weeks and so did Michelle apparently. Funny on who knew and the stories he tells me you can kind of put them together and like that was a clue.

Leroy wanted it special and he wanted a story and he did it right. Will planning and timing he nailed it and for that I can’t say thank you enough for the perfect weekend and for making my engagement so special. For your time planning it and making it more amazing than what I ever thought it would be.

Thank you for choosing me and wanting to be with me for the rest of your life. You’re stuck with me now more than ever MR Swartz.

It’s going to be a fun journey to plan OUR wedding. Which I will blog about. 
I have a ring on my finger????? like what?????

Hope everyone enjoyed my engagement story

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wedding Wednesday: My Bridesmaids

Felt like I lost a part of me...

Picture Perfect Weekend, no PUN intended