Full on surprise Weekend

I know I have not posted anything in a while and this is actually about 2 weekends late but time got the best of me in this one but here is the weekend of the 26th-28 July I planned
So I have this surprise weekend planned for Willem, I already planned it in June when he told me the final dates that he would be on leave and would be by me so then my mind got to thinking. When we were in Durban he surprised me with 2 nights in a hotel just to get away and it was really amazing to just chill outside and talk and talk and talk about anything and everything. It helps and I say all couples need that, being with family is great and I love it but Willem and I need our time where we just talk about things and also in a sense of getting to know each other more as well.
So here is what I planned, Note: That when I plan something it has to be big and full on amazing!!!
I looked at guest houses either in Witbank or Middleburg I wanted to either be at a place that was close to a place where we could go do something. So like Witbank there was the mall where we could watch movies and that. And then Middleburg has those places like the lion parks and all and the mall so they both where good.  So after I looked at a few places I was torn between Elephants Hills cottage in Witbank and Orion Guest house in Middleburg. I thought Middleburg would also be nice as My cousin with her kiddies stay there and would be nice to see them again as he got along with the kids so well last time and all so that was also a good idea.  Then one day I came across this one site of adventures to do in different places and I remembered the Orlando Towers in JHB. I saw it a while back and the one time I told Willem about it and He really seemed interested in that and it does look fun. So then I knew that is what we would be doing on Saturday And he mentioned the one day over the phone face time we had he showed me the towers and said that he would like to absail down there but they wont let him so  then I wanted to see what place was closer to JBH and Middleburg was but Witbank was a bit cheaper I thought more of save a little more on accommodation and have more for the rest of the outing. So Elephant Hills Cottage won. I booked and paid and all.
You know how hard it was making sure Willem does not book us a place some where that weekend? When we spoke over the phone he kept on throwing hints of then he will save to have enough for….. and when I asked for what he said that was his secret and then he said we should just have us time book in for the night. I had to think of something to make him stop and not do anything imagine how it would be I book and so does he ahahah, any way so I made up a story telling him after seeing my cousin at the wedding she said we must go there the Friday and the Saturday and all that then I told him he can then decide what we do Sunday, So he agreed and didn’t mention anything about it.
And then there was the story of his work, that feeling I got when he told me they cancelling his leave. While he was still talking to me on the phone I went to my emails and emailed the woman of the accommodation asking her if there is maybe a way I can move it to another date without cancelling and nicely enough she was willing to help she was just waiting for me to give her the dates to when it needs to move to. That I had no idea. My heart dropped it was nearly the same feeling as when he told me that he would be moving to Limpopo for work. Just what I needed when everything was falling into place just like that it gets changed and this is where I should have known not to plan so far in advance. I nearly told him of what I planned telling him that well I planned this whole weekend and now what. But there was this part of me that said don’t say anything use it for next time. And so as I nagged him with every phone call to get a date the more emails I got from the woman just with smily faces reminding me to book a date. Finally on the 10th he phoned saying that looks like he gets the leave he originally planned for. It was a relief but yet at the same time I did not want to get to carried away and plan again like crazy. And I was proven as to why I shouldn’t the work then told us a second time the leave wont happen and the dates might change, this time I felt hopeless I ended up crying most of the night its like all I am trying to do is make sure he has a good weekend and for some alone time and what happens everything goes differently. Yet again I nearly told him but I am glad I didn’t as they just moved it for a few days later and at least he was still coming and I could carry on planning.
I can say after the stress of this planning and the mixed emotions of it all with the messing around part the weekend was defiantly needed. and now that instead of him being away for half of that week and me who would be able to have my things done while he was gone he was there the week so I had to do it well in advance and hide it away.
My mother helped me a lot with ideas and finding small little things to have my whole plan come together. THANK YOU MOMMY!
The closer we got to the weekend the more excited I got and because Willem was at home for the week I had to make extra sure that he could not find anything and as I went to work there was always still this fear or worry feeling I would get hoping he doesn’t come across anything, it was hard looking him in the face while he is all like talking of what he thinks we going to do the weekend as I know what we really will be doing.
So the more I sit and think of ideas the more surprise’s I come up with, I kept on wondering how to give the first clue to him as I really want him to start wondering what is going on and have him get all excited at the same time. So I came across this one article of a scavenger hunt and the light bulb went off, yet again. So I thought why not have him kind of search for the first clue?
The first one I would give to him at the car kind of saying o here is just a list of things to get together for me please before we go to my cousin.
It says:
I can’t make this easy I have to make this fun
So your scavenger hunt has just begun
you need to find your clue
here is a list of what you should do
your next information
is in the following location:
Look around, top and all over the piano and see if you can find it


2- in piano
I’m happy to see
that you have found it so easy
Hope you are enjoying the game
Cause from today your life will not be the same
your next information
is in the following location:
In the computer room is all that I can say!

3- Computer room
So this is the last of the clues
But I have some good news
The next you have to find will reveal more to you
your next information
is in the following location:
On my side of the bed, close to where I lay my head!
Then it will take him to the draw where the first clue is that would give him more directions as to what is going on and what I have planned.
Ok so then I needed a way of being able to tell him about the surprise but not give anything away. That’s when I came up with the CLUES! So this is how it went Clue 1 said:
This clue I place on my side of the bed That he had to find from the Scavenger hunt
So this is the beginning of your journey
The start of something good
It may not be that fancy
But I will make sure it’s understood
Remember when I said we going to my Cousin
Well baby that Aint going to happen
We going to a different place
I wish I could see the look on your face
This is part of my surprise plan for you
It’s you and me time
You know I am trying hard to make this rhyme.
So make sure you are ready by the time I get back
Because after 12 there wont be time to pack!
 
Clue 2:
Which my mom gave at 11am as we had half day at work and it was nearly 12pm

Its nearly 12 and soon I will be home.
I hope you’re packed and ready to go.
Just to let you know I will be driving.
And no Willem I am not lying.
I hope your as excited as I am
As they say a girl needs so Spoil her MAN.
Hope you’re excited and ready for this.

Clue 3
Which I gave to him when we were close to Witbank, hid it in my car and asked him to look for it which also came with a blind fold.

We are nearly there
So I cant let you see
 It’s Blind fold time so cover your eyes.
I want the whole thing to be a big surprise.
PS: I LOVE YOU


Clue 4
I gave at the guest house which was just a little gift of self made coupons
Here is another clue
just a little fun gift from me to you!
Use it wisely use it well
I am sure this weekend will be swell!
Clue 5
I gave on the Saturday, I did not tell him what was planned I just said we have an early day and the next morning gave him this
I know what you are thinking and yes this it’s another clue
Crossing my fingers it works out
and that it is something you would love to do.
Our love has gone through many ups and downs
and this could be a test to take that
“Leap of faith”
So here are the GPS Co-ordinates
26 15’ 12” S, 27
55’ 30” E
To our next adventure!!!
Examples of the Coupons:
Coupon #1:
This coupon is represented to Willem Oosthuysen.
To be used from 26-28 July 2013
This coupon is for:
1 Free kick you off your feet KISS
Any time, Any place
Coupon #2
This coupon is represented to Willem Oosthuysen.
To be used from 26-28 July 2013
This coupon is for:
20 Free Hugs
Any time, Any place
So that is what I put some say free coffee in bed, and he can choose any activity for the day and things like that.
When Willem came through for the Surprise weekend I had to stop myself from telling him I just smiled and told it to myself in my head ahahah. That’s the only crappy part of planning something so far in advance is that you have to wait until it is here and happening and you have to hope and pray nothing happens for it to be cancelled. And I really was worried when he came if he would still be arriving the weekend he said he would and all so I was always just making sure.
I also made a “Weekend Survival Kit” Which contained some romantic things like candles and Champaign with some notes on them as well which I placed in a box to open that night.
Its funny when he asked of the plans and what we going to do the weekend is it still arranged to go to Retha I was like yes with this big smile on my face, you could say I was like a little child on the night before Christmas when I know the biggest present is mine and I just want to open it now!  I loved how he planned the weekend of Friday going to Retha and then we should braai by my friend Ev and all that I couldn’t help but smile really if only he knew, I think in a way I heard like a sad ok in his voice when I said yes we still planned for that as maybe it seems like I just planned the whole trip from when he is here. But little did he know what I actually planned and I gave nothing away.
And well as I did feel bad because I know he was actually really excited to see the kiddies as he kept on saying how much he loves them and all I thought that on Sunday to end off the weekend we can go to them for some coffee and just say hi. And all!
So finally the day arrived I could not stop smiling I was super excited and I had to stop myself from saying anything as I pulled out the gate I climbed out the car gave Willem a hug and with the first scavenger hunt clue in my hand I couldn’t wait to give it to him with him focused on the car and the noise it keeps on making I just said hey Willem stop you are ruining my moment here hahah, and so I gave him the first one saying only read this when I leave but you have to read it. And he was all like what why? Then when I got to work I was super excited to see what he thought and all and I got a message from him asking what is my plans with him, and I phoned shame he sounded so confused yet excited and not sure what to expect at the same time not really the reaction I thought but I really got him wondering what was going on and what is going to happen. What made me laugh was when he asked what should he wear say now he wears just normal clothes and we go to a place and they all wearing suits hahaha. Yeah Willem!
When he got his second clue at 11 I phoned him to just hear if he got at least a little bit of excitement in his voice but yet he was still worried and not sure of what was going on. When I got home he gave me this half smile look I just couldn’t help but laugh. So packed my stuff and all and off we went.
The guest house was very nice, peaceful and you would not say you were in Witbank when you there I can just imagine how lovely it must look in the Summer in full bloom. So we dropped our bags and off to the mall, being pay weekend it was rather busy but we walked through a few shops had some lunch and then went to watch World war Z. now I guess it was a good action but those zombies faces were the scary ones that I didn’t like at all. I got a few scares in that movie. After we had coffee at Mug and Bean and ordered Lemon margaine and Strawberry cheese cake for take away. That night about 10 we had some cappuccino and the dessert mmm was leka.
Saturday I gave Willem the next clue and it looked like he was trying to work out the GPS co-ordinates but he luckily wasn’t sure. And off we went. The closer we got the more excited I got. And as we turned the corner I pointed out the towers and told him that’s our adventure for the day. When we both climbed out the car and looked at how high the towers were we both kind of got that im not sure I would do that look but as we got closer and Willem saw it and what not he was all in it he would have done everything there. Me on the other hand yeah pulled a lot of courage to just decide on what and if I was going to. So we decided on the Bungee jump. First Willem went and done the Absailing which looked fun but I know I would have been shaking to much to even figure out what to do while up there. Once he came down I went to go get strapped in and up the group went for the Bungee my hand was glued to that railing and with Willem every few seconds telling me to breath and relax the more I looked out and yeah kind wondered why the hell am I up here. We had a good group of people up there every one as scared and anxious as I was. I was second last, as they said I can go my heart started pumping I walked on that bridge that was moving for me way to fast. Got there and I take my hats off to those guys they are the most AMAZING and FRIENDLY people they can make you feel so relaxed and they are great. They asked me where I was from and asked me how I was and why did I decide to come here today and so I explained that this was actually a surprice for Willem the one commented saying well you in the end surprised yourself. So true that. So as they rushed through the safety check I was like wait I didn’t hear a word you said there, they helped me up and to the edge we walked your heart goes crazy and your legs well jelly is as close to the explanation I can give. Arms out and face forward as he counted down I just said STOP STOP STOP I cant and don’t want to do this he pulled me back and gave me a pep talk and back we went 5,4,3,2,1 and well there I went. That feeling of I guess a few seconds as you fall is unreal its like you falling and there is nothing to hold you catch you and as soon as that rope gets hard and flicks you back up everything that was in your stomach goes up to your throat. Willem kind of made this deal with me he thought he knew I would scream my head off but well finally won a bet I didn’t even make a peep eyes shut, hands squeezing against my chest holding the straps. Once I was on the ground I was happy. Willem did the one with the straight jacket strapped around him he is like an adrenaline junkie he lives for this stuff but I am so happy he enjoyed it I guess a little to much as he just wanted to do all and go back again Sunday As scary as I was I am happy I done it and get to tell the story with pictures to follow. But don’t think I will try it again soon.
We then went back to Witbank mall where my friend Ev was there was nice sat at News café having cocktails and catching up. Willem and I then went to his gadget stores and off to Spur as we were dying of the hunger. After that we were stuffed and lazy got home and as soon as our heads touched the pillow we were out!
Sunday we woke up and finished our dessert. We got ready packed and off we went to Middleburg had breakfast at Spur was very good, then we planned to take Retha and kiddies to lion park got a few snacks and off we went. Renate was super excited to see Oupa Willem and both the kiddies were glued to him that day. Renate went in to the baby lions and she really enjoyed it the day was lazy but fun and as with the weekend flew by to fast.
I really enjoyed the weekend and I am so happy that Willem did as well. I am glad that we get chances like this to spend with each other and that we get to go to new places and try new things together.
But yeah so that was my amazing weekend not really lus for the week but forcing for positive thoughts and giving God the wheel to steer me in the right direction.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wedding Wednesday: My Bridesmaids

Felt like I lost a part of me...

Finally A bridesmaid!!!!