The Wedding of Mr and Mrs Martens


The day we have all been counting down on has arrived and went faster than what we could have thought. This is their wedding Blog. It might or will really be long but worth a read and for me a look back on memory.

On the 1st October my brother and I went to Pretoria where the groom and groomsmen went their way and us bridesmaid and bride stayed at Nadia’s parents’ house.

Thursday we chilled and had a girls night in. some got their nails done and we had Pizza and made lists on lists to remember for the big day. That night we thought to go to bed early to at least have a good nights sleep for the next day. And there I was couldn’t even fall asleep. At about 2 that morning I eventually fell asleep and woke up about 6am to afraid to over sleep and miss out.

And the day came on the 2nd October we woke up , it was a slow peaceful morning. We got ready, packed the car and went to the place where we will be getting ready. With a lot of steps to the room we placed everything down and got started with Hair. The day started slow and hot. That place and heat omw I needed a permanent aircon by my side. Our hair came out amazing I loved it so much. People started coming in and out the room. Make up done and honestly I couldn’t recognize myself. I loved it so much. That I could look like that unreal.




I took pictures where I can but before I knew it we were up and down helping the flower girls, assisting with the Photographer with Shots he needed, standing in front of the aircon, helping the Bride, getting the room sorted. It was a up and down all of a sudden and I from there sadly didn’t capture any more shots. I want to kick myself yes sadly I really wanted at least some of the bride and what not but from 16H00 till we got to the church it was a blur and went fast.

When we got to the church I was the lucky winner to have to walk down isle first. Just thinking of it again my heart is beating fast. Standing by the door waiting for the signal to go I was so scared don’t ask how my legs got me to where I needed to be. Apparently I looked mad, but in my mind I was nervous and just walked lol. The church part was really nice and short. Luckily cause the heat and flies wasn’t working together I must have looked stupid trying to chase flies away and wipe off some sweat. When Nadia was walking down the isle it was so hard not to cry. I just looked up and away she looked so beautiful, so graceful a perfect bride. Looking at them finally together taking this step I couldn’t be happier I just wanted to cry.

After the ceremony we took a few pictures with the Bride and Groom, where after they did their own pictures. I went to greet the rest of the family and get a few things together. It was really so great to see family again. To see cousins you have not seen for so long. Like my cousin Tenisha she grew up in front of me in a way with me spending school holidays there and look at her now. I loved how she remembered me and every now and then when I looked she was by my side.

The reception was amazing and fun. We first played the Shoe Game yes I also never heard of it until then but it’s a really good ice breaker. The questions was funny and the response the bride and groom gave was even funnier. Speeches were done and the tears came. You try keeping them in when you see the bride and groom have tears in their eyes.

I was going to speech in Afrikaans say what? For my Ouma Anne but sadly she was to sick to attend which we all missed her there. Here is my speech I sent it to her so she can read.

When Carlo Asked Me To Do A Speech And Toast On Ouma Anne I felt Honoured. But Honestly What Do You Say About A Woman, who changed our lives by just being part of it. It is hard but I am going to try my best to put into words what she means to us

What Is A Ouma
A Ouma is a remarkable woman.
She's a wonderful combination of
warmth and kindness, laughter and love.
She overlooks our faults, encourages our dreams,
and praises our every success.

A Ouma has the wisdom of a teacher,
the sincerity of a true friend,
and the tenderness of a mother.
She's someone we admire, respect and
love very much.

A Ouma will always have a cherished
place in our memories and in our hearts.
She's someone for whom we want every happiness
in return for the joy she always brings.

A Ouma is all the dear and precious
things in life...
When she's A Ouma like our Ouma Anne

Before I carry on I want to state that I am a Soutie so excuse me while I nervously continue

In my Kinderjare het ek ‘n paar nagedagtes saam met Ouma Anne wat ek altyd naby aan my hart sal houWant as dit nie vir Ouma Anne was nie sou ek nooit geweet het hoe melkkos proe nie, en dit was Ouma Anne wat my mooi geleer het hoe om dit te maak. Maar ek kan dink dat Carlo meer gedagtes saam met Ouma het want hy het basies voor haar groot geword. Ek vra toe vir Carlo wat is sy gunsteling oomblik saam Ouma Anne wat vir hom die meeste uitstaan, hy se toe vir my dit was die keer toe Ouma Anne vir Carlo n pakslaan gegee het met haar pantoffel omdat hy weg gehardloop het en dat sy meer as Carlo daar oor gehuil het, en dit wys jou net hoe sag haar hart regtig is. 

Dit was Ouma Anne wat Carlo so baie bederf het dat hy nou die selfde van Arme Nadia verwag. Dit was Ouma Anne wat vir Carlo so vet gevoer het met all haar kos, koekies ,poeding en Sweeties wat sy weg gesteek het in haar tarentaal penne sakkie in haar laai. Dit is in Ouma Anne se oe waar Carlo niks verkeerd kan doen nie en moet nie eers probeer met haar stry nie jy gaan sleg tweede kom glo my ek het al probeer. Maar die belangrikste van alles is dat dit is Ouma Anne is wie gehelp het om Calro te vorm in die man wat ons hier voor ons sien vandag. Dit was met haar liefde, warm drukkies en sagte hart wat hom deur die lewe se reis gehelp het en vir dit se ons Dankie Ouma Anne en sterkte Nadia!

Ouma Anne ek kan aan gaan vir ure van al die oomblike saam met jou en oor die wonderlike persoon wat jy in ons almal se lewens is. Maar ek gaan dit kort sny en net se van die diepte van ons harte dankie vir die ouma en persoon wat jy is. Jy het elk een van ons lewens geraak om net deel daar van te wees. Ons is so geseend om jou in ons lewens te  en om jou hier te  vandag om jou Carools se troue met Nadia te vier ons is baie lief vir ouma!

Can we please raise a glass to Ouma Anne


The girls who danced at the bachelorette to the song of Superman, Batman Ironman of Jay decided to dance it before Carlo gave his speech. Because apparently he is the ones who made the moves. It was funny getting the girls together to agree to do the dance as some of them was like nope I never dance or I don’t know it but they joined us in the end. Carlos face was speechless when we dragged him on the dance floor and did the moves. Was really good.

The evening was filled with laughter, dances, tears, and happiness. Just the way a wedding should go.

This day is something we were all excited about, counting down, helping where we can. There has been a lot of ups and downs but if you look at the wedding it was all worth it. Being on the inside helping up close has showed me what it is all about and I learnt a lot for my wedding one day.

I just want to add one last thing. Carlo and Nadia I am so happy from the bottom of my heart. Seeing you two dance and spend your wedding day together it just shows that what you two have been through was worth it all to get here. You two deserve each other. I am so blessed to have been able to be there right by your side and for that I cant say thank you enough. I want to wish you both the best from here on out. I pray that God guides you both to where you need to be. That he places his hands over you both and protects you and your marriage. May the hard times be nothing but a time where you appreciate each other more and the good time be a reminder of the greatness God can do for you.
As soon as we receive more pictures I will post them on but enjoy the ones we have so far...







xoxox

Comments

  1. At last your ancient one was able to open your wonderful bloggie thing - Yes my beautiful one you have the heart & personality of your two Nonnas in one which makes our own very special sweet one - Well done - God Bless - Thanks

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Wedding Wednesday: My Bridesmaids

Felt like I lost a part of me...

Finally A bridesmaid!!!!