October Little Things




Hey guys here is an October Update. The month of Birthdays it seemed like it.

On the 2nd Oct of course was the wedding if you haven’t read the post of it yet go and read that. It was an amazing day and where we received the Video looking back on the day its really so nice couldn’t help but get tears again and the want to go back to that day.

On the 5th my Friend Delene got Engaged to her Bf. Its nice to see her happy which she deserves and I hope that through this wedding planning time and the years to come that it all goes good and that God blesses them and their relationship.

On the 10th October Leroy and I was outside just having a braai together under the lovely lapa and warm weather. We were listening to 5FM and they were talking about bridesmaid duty and they said if anyone has advice to call in so for fun I was like let me call and literally before I knew it I was on air live and talking mostly shaking about my bridesmaid experience and giving advice felt pretty amazing lol

On the 15th October was my Bday. I am now 24. Getting old lol. Sadly I had to be at work which makes it feel like it isn’t really your bday but luckily with cake  from my mother and good work people they made it better and the day ended. Leroy took me to Carnival City where we had dinner and played some arcade games. I got some amazing gifts and for all that I want to say thank you to everyone I really appreciate it.

On the 16th October we spent the evening by my parents for Pizza Evening. Thinking you will eat all the pizza but once you make one or two your stuffed much better than Panarotti Thursday special J thank you mommy for all your hard work.

On the 17th October was my big brothers Bday Carlo. Now a married man

On the 19th October Leroy’s uncle sadly passed away. Sadly as they were on vacation with family the robbers shot him all for a cell phone and few valuables. He was fighting for his live for a few days , everyone who knew him said that he will make it as he has been through much worse, he woke up from the coma and we were happy to think or hear that it was going better but sadly nothing and he passed away. I was lucky to have met him and to see what influence he has on Leroy’s Life growing up.

On the 24th October we had a surprise engagement party for Delene and Barend. My mother told her that it was a surprise party for my bday just to get them at her house. It wasn’t a lot of people just a small thing to congratulate them two. With my amazing new printer from my Lief I was able to go full on event planner mode and create and print things. We took them to wimpy so that Barends parents can go to my parents’ house and put car in garage so they don’t notice we raced home to be there before them but they too wanted to be at my parents house before us which was actually a funny thing.  We played a game where people took clothes pegs pinned them on themselves. No one was allowed to say the word Wedding or Troue. It was pretty funny to hear and see how hard people tried to have others say it. I also made an advice jar where people can write down their advice to the couple. I made a snack bar with cute popcorn holders.  Leroy and I made some punch from the cute jar my mother got me for my bday sadly it was a bit too strong but wasn’t to bad. For me I think everything came out so good, my mother with Delenes mother really outdone themselves as well and so did Barends mother with the cake. It was a good day with good people.



On the 27th October was my brothers bday he turned 22. Unreal how fast he is growing up. 

I also got my nails done on that day. I love how I can take a picture to her and she just does that feeling girly.

On the 28th October we had Leroy uncle Funeral. It was a sad day. I met a lot more of his Family which is obviously not really the way you want to meet them but at least I can put faces to names. As I said it was a hard sad day to say goodbye to an uncle who was there for Leroy as a father is there for his son but I know that he is looking down on everyone and smiling proud of how people are going on with their lives. Oom Eugene you are truly missed by every single person who’s life you touched by being part of it. I pray that God blesses the family through the time where the hurt gets more and the missing get stronger may you all remember the good times and not the final end.


On the 29th October my Cousin Elmari had her Little Girl Anmari. Congrats cousin on your beautiful little girl may she bring happiness into your lives and may God bless your family.




On the 30th October this was the weekend Leroy and I were waiting for. Just to get away the 2 of us is what we needed. We went to Olifants River Lodge there is just something about that place that relaxes us. Just getting around the corner of the venue makes me smile it is so breath taking and I feel happy.

The Friday we got there at about 3H30. We checked into our chalet packed out the car first had to clean the car as they were laying tar on the road and some got on the car and we had to get it off before it dried on the car. We then got changed in our swim suits and off to swim in the cold pool to cool off it was so nice to relax and enjoy it. We then got dried off and had dinner which we shared a Eisben omw it was huge and so good. Luckily we decided to share. After that we changed to swim suits again and into the warm pool. There were spiders in the room that Leroy had to kill and after that I just couldn’t sleep after that so paranoid. So that night’s sleep was not that good. We decided to also exchange gifts that night. Leroy always seems to surprise me more each time he goes above and beyond expectations and makes me look bad. He got me my favorite watch that I have been eyeing for a while now. I am so grateful and happy. Danki lief. Leroy’s gift didn’t work out the way I hoped it would really. So I gave him his part 1 gift of a mug and mouse pad for work and then made some personalized coupons which he has an idea for one all I can say watch out for that one. The part 2 of the gift is still to come will post about that one as soon as Its given.


Saturday we got up early as there was no point in sleeping further. We got dressed and headed to breakfast. We had the buffet and it was good I sadly expected more lol guess the wedding breakfast is still on my mind. We then got changed walked around and swam in the cold pool it was to hot for the warm one which is where everyone else seemed to be. We then decided while it was so hot to go into town. Just did a few shopping got snacks and some frozen yogurt. We got back did some paddle boating and then off to swim again. We had dinner that night and then later we went to swim in the warm pool






Sunday our 2 year anniversary we decided Saturday night that we will wake up at 8 to go swim till about 9 then pack and leave. As Leroy really wanted one last swim. So the alarm went off at 07H30. I knew we had 30 minutes left so we slept, next moment Leroy wakes up saying its 08H30 he said it in Afrikaans that their times are so confusing I wasn’t sure if it was 08H30/09H30. I jumped up and put on my swim suit and was ready lol in our sleep we jumped in the cold pool and then remembered it was our anniversary. We left our place but will defiantly be back soon. We had to go back into the town to exchange our selfie stick lol we caved. I mostly wanted it for the paddle boats and when we on vacation to take proper pictures together other than the close up we normally do luckily we sorted it out and we are ready for the next adventure.
on our way back we were listening to the Radio Jacaranda and the presenter was saying to message in what you are doing on this Sunday so I messaged saying that my boyfriend and I are driving back from our anniversary weekend away. happy 2 years my lief and she read it on the radio saying happy anniversary to Elena and her boyfriend of 2 years. was a good moment on the radio twice in one month.

We arranged with Leroy’s mother to look after the house the weekend. So she stayed there and apparently she enjoyed it and she even did our washing what a score was that for me. It smells so good like only a mothers washing smells. Danki again tanni
And that was that it was a good month yet again. Memories to look back on and moments captured. Not sure what November holds but whatever it is we will enjoy it and take it as it comes.

Till next time

Xoxoxo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wedding Wednesday: My Bridesmaids

Felt like I lost a part of me...

Finally A bridesmaid!!!!