Wedding Wednesday: My Bridesmaids





Hello Everyone

I haven’t posted about the wedding status in a while so here a special post for Wedding Wednesday my Bridesmaid Boxes, how it was done and all the other details. I hope this post inspires or helps any brides out there.

Let’s get started.

So let me introduce you to my girls

My Maid of Honour: Michelle




So we don’t have many years of friendship I think now its going on for 2 years but it feels longer. We become good friends at work we were placed in an office together and I think from there the friendship grew. I always hoped for the type of friendship you see on TV or movies and luckily enough that is what I got with Michelle. She is always there for me, listens and lets me be my crazy self. People at work call us twins or sisters and that's how I see us.

My Bridesmaid: Nadia


She is my unbiological sister. She gave me the opportunity for finally for the first time ever be a bridesmaid for their special wedding. This woman has been there for me through a lot of things. From relationship to lives drama when we are together we just talk and enjoy it. She is the type of person I know I can always count on. She always goes beyond expectations and the friendship i have with her is cherished

I knew from the start I wanted these two girls there by my side through it all.

Thanks to pinterest that gave me way to much ideas that I just couldn’t decide which one and what to do.

I got a wooden box at the craft shop with our wedding colours paint and their initial wooden letter.




This is how the box turned out. I wanted that girly type look. A box that they could use later for make-up, jewellery or anything their heart desires.


inside the box

all the goodies

Inside on the lid of the box I made this card on Picmonkey and also printed a few of our pictures, laminated them and placed them on a magnet so that they can take it off and place it on their fridge.




Now for the goodies inside.

I had to stop myself at some point knowing it wouldn’t fit in the box.  I got them a candle with this lovely quote on, I got them bubble bath, hand cream, face mask, a message in the bottle that had a USB with it where I placed the movie bridesmaids and a few wedding ideas with regards to their dresses hair and other things, we got this cute shooter glass mason jars where we printed bridesmaid or Maid of honour on them and we also had one done for myself so I can use them for the wedding day, I added some tissues, I found this cute compact mirror and I put a note that said so you can see how beautiful you are every day, I got a note book ( which If you have ever seen me in a note book section you would know how hard it was to choose one) I like this one because of the excitement part and added an extra part of my own for them. On the inside I added this journaling card quote and I also wrote a letter inside, then I made them their own bridesmaid wedding planner type file. I again found an idea and I loved the wording she used and I just loved the idea. I first went for an A5 file but that just didn’t work out at all. I loved the style of my big file so I got a smaller style and made it for them. I will do a post on this with my wedding file separately otherwise this will be a long post, added some chocolates, a bugz shooter drink blue of course and some chill pills just in case you know lol.










How I gave them their boxes.

My original plan was to have my mother just arrange a plain braai for my family and have Nadia and Michelle attend so that I can ask them together.

We made the date and I did my boxes to be ready for the 25th March. Now what happened or was planned at my mother’s house was something I didn’t expect. They planned an engagement surprise party for us.

After the pictures where taken my mom came up with this brilliant game idea where we blind fold people they hold out their hand and then we can place the boxes on their hands and when they open it they will see the message inside.

Now I am the type of person that when I know I have something really good to give to someone I get so excited that my heart beats out of control and sometimes I can’t even sleep the night before

So we blind folded Nadia and Michelle pretended to do other people and I placed the boxes in their hands, shame I could see they got a fright like what’s this now and they took off their blind fold, thinking of it now I could have placed the boxes right side for them to open but to much excitement happening. We waited for them to open the boxes and once Michelle read it she got tiers in her eyes, Nadia was still admiring the box then finally she saw it and they both said YES.

I am so happy they both loved their gifts and that they are excited to go on this journey with me. I am happy that I finally asked them and that now we can talk proper wedding things knowing they are part of our special day.



MY GIRLS!


It was a perfect evening with too much shooters and good food, but best of all we had a great time with our friends who matter the most to us.

Hope you enjoyed this post and got some ideas.

Until the next wedding Wednesday

Have a lovely day further


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Adriana Photography

Finally A bridesmaid!!!!