DIY Planner/ Organizer



DIY time. Even though this is self-explanatory I just wanted to share my version of it and you can either take it or leave it as they would say. Call me crazy for getting excited about it then Im crazy and never want to be normal. We all have our something we love doing.

So if you know me I love to plan things whether it is a party, a surprise, a gift, a special moment or even a trip away with my love. I know you cannot plan everything to the tee as life does what it is planned to do either way. But as far as I can plan I will try.





I was watching some videos on Youtube and I came across this thing that is going on across the whole of America. And the more I researched it the more interested I got. Maybe it was the courful paper and stickers that attracted me even more who knows but I knew that this is something I wanted to make.

Overseas they call it either the Filofax planner, Erin Condren planner (which I wish I could have) and even the Kiki K planner. This is where I wish stayed overseas to be able to order on line they have it so easy. But I took the information and I made it myself. I loved to see how some made it themselves and what they used that was not expensive that helped me a lot to get all the needed things.
I love stationary omw you would have to drag me away from any stationary I cant stop myself. Which made me want to make this even more.




So getting started I found out that you can download all the pages you want in your planner from Pinterest, another reason to love that app. All you have to type in is free planner pintable’s. You also need to decide on what you would like your planner to have in and to be about. I made mine for personal, photography and blog. 

The tabs that I wanted were:
·         Dates to remember (just like birthdays anniversaries and what else)
·         Then I did a weekly spread (to add I did not download that as if I were to print that It would be a lot of pages so I got a dairy that showed the weeks on one page and I put that in my planner)
·         I wanted a daily spread (which I will use if I know I have something important to do on a day where I have a lot that I need to remember)
·         My photography ( where I can keep track of the shoots I have done and will be doing and regards to payment)
·         My blog posts( where I can write ideas I see so I don’t always have writers block )
·         Finance ( I like this one where I can keep track of where spend money and budget for the month)
·         And notes ( important to remember and just information , I used just blank lined pages)

Also things you might need:
·         Colour paper
·         Or scrapbook pattern paper that you love
·         One hole punch that I found at PNA for R30
·         Ring Binder or Filo fax
·         Tabs
·         Any random stickers
·         Paper clips or anything you want to use to keep your place even magnetic book markers
·         Sticky Notes
·         And any craft things you want to make it personal

How Cute is this Washi Tape!!!

So after you know what you want and you saved and printed all the pages you need to decide the size you want, I went for A5 something that if I need to I can put in my bag. I’m not that type of planner and I don’t have that much going on in my life right now to have to take it with me 24/7. I see the moms use it a lot as it helps them keep track of the kids schedules. 

So now the look I wanted it to be in a Filofax but I was not going to pay R300-R500 for one. I tried looking on line but there was not anything that caught my eye. I wanted it to be a nice color other than just black. I then looked further on what else a person can do and saw that you can take a normal ring binder file even the A4 size and you can cut it to the size you want just cover it and there. Which what I was going for but I just seem to eager to do it that way. I then came to the idea to do it with the spiral binder. Where the front and back cover was already there and was a pattern that I liked. It already had blank pages for me that I could use where needed.

I got the one hole punch which made it easy for me to make all the holes needed. Ps there was a lot lol. I laid it out as I wanted it and put it together as you see below. 

I am proud of my planner I love it and I know I made it.
Of course this is my first time and I am new at it and so as the year goes on I will know what I like and how I would like next years to be. So far I know that I would like to find the Filofax or would try make it with the ring binder type so that I can add and take out things easier. That is how we all learn.
So here is my planner 

I want to add like a front something saying the year but I don’t know just don’t want something coming off and all so I will leave it like that until I come up with something else
I got a normal little girls head band to keep my planner tight for when it might get bigger. And I glued some flowers on you can make it any way you want this is my first one I got a pack of 4 head bands I think so I will be trying out different ones. 

Inside I have as they call it my dash board. Where I placed sticky notes that I would use throughout the planner for reminders or notes I need to place on a date.


All my Sticky Notes

The next page I have just a few blank sheets where I can use for whatever. I made a little pocket on the side where i can add the slips or notes I got.


Just a little different page

Then you get to the dates as you can see I put some bdays in there so long that I can think of.






Then you get my week section where you can see the so called action happens I didn’t over decorate as there is not a lot of space but I made it a bit more colourful. I love that the calendar came with notes on the side that I can use to put reminders for the week.




Then my next page is my photography I could not find a free printable that I liked and wanted to use so I just made my own with the information I needed.



Then my blog I still want to add blank pages in for just random ideas and all but I found the free printable that has the information I need and really like how it is laid out



Then finance, I love that there is a expense tracker that you can write down the things you spent on what day and that you can also budget the month always helpful



Then lastly I have the notes so far I have my Bridesmaids duties there things I want to remember and need to get done.



So that is that plain and simple like I said take it as you want and make it if you wish. I think this will help a person to stay and be more organized there is so much options you can place in for yourself cleaning schedule if you are like that, fitness, meal plans, goals whatever you have you can find.
I found most of my things at the Crazy store they have amazing craft things. I made my paper clip more personal by adding the ribbon.


You can look on pinterest, google and youtube for ideas on how to make your own different ways styles and one to fit your budget
Hope this helped I know this is a long one and hopefully I got in all the information I needed.
Enjoy and plan ahead J

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wedding Wednesday: My Bridesmaids

Felt like I lost a part of me...

Picture Perfect Weekend, no PUN intended